Our Program Explained
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Edison Initiatives acquires a house.
- Renovation Team readies the house
- Candidate Selection Team selects a potential homeowner for the lease-to-own program.
- Equipping Team helps the candidate achieve home ownership readiness.
- Candidate qualifies and is ready to close with a standard mortgage within 5 years.
- Edison Initiatives provides significant funding from past lease payments to candidate towards home purchase.
- Credit report
- Motivation for ownership
- Family size
- House size
- History of Rental
- Background of Candidate and supports needed
- Connections Leader
- Legal aspect reviewed
- Openness to relationship / regular check-ins
Summary of our Past and Current Projects
In September 2023 Edison Initiatives completed it’s first project thank to the many volunteers. It is currently biing occupied by a new homeowner.
We are starting our next project at 1320 E Vine St. Volunteers are welsoome to join the teem to rennovate this home for the next homeowner